Below you will find suggestions and ideas to help promote optimal health in your family.
1. Be vigilant of the fish you cook at home. Tuna and other large fish may contain high amounts of toxins. Choose pharmaceutical grade omega-3 supplements for your family.
2. Check for chemicals in everyday items. This includes fire retardant pajamas, sealants on teeth, and plastic bottles and containers especially those with Bisphenol A (BPA).
3. Purchase organic fruits and vegetables as much as possible. Choose foods as close to possible as their natural state. Limit processed foods.
4. Incorporate probiotics into your health routine. Look for ones containing more than 1 billion CFUs (colony forming units).
5. Consider nutritional counseling. Many children have shown remarkable improvements while on gluten/casein free diets, the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, and the GAPS diet.
6. Make sure your water is free from contaminants. Your water supplier should provide an analysis upon request .
7. Try Epsom salt baths. Epsom salt baths have been shown to increase sulfate in the blood. Sulfate is crucial in detoxification in the body.
8. Check for sources of aluminum. Aluminum can be found in unlikely places such as baking powder, sunscreens, and certain types of cookware.